To work for the primary prevention is an important professional and social function for us.
This has three main fields:
1. Primary prevention of discopathy (work started in 1995)
2. Daily physical education (work started in 1995)
3. Holistic health promotion (HHP) in schools (work started in 2003).
(Of course HHP in schools does contain also the primary prevention of discopathy and daily physical education.)
We are working in strong cooperation with the Departments for Education and for Health (since 2010 both in one ministry, the Ministry of Human Capacities).
Dr. med. Annamária Somhegyi Ph.D.
(Specialist in rheumatology and physiotherapy)
Director for prevention of the National Center for Spinal Diseases,
and National coordinator in Schools for Health in Europe (SHE) Network, WHO
phone: +36 30 202 5317
Primary prevention of degenerative diseases of the spine
- Summary 2014 - Special posture correction in physical education for all children
- English abstract 2014 - Application of special exercises in physical education to develop, automatize and maintain the biomechanically correct posture
Daily physical education (DPE) in Hungarian schools
- Implementation of Daily Physical Education in Hungarian Schools (Summary, 2014)
- Health Promoting Criteria for the Effective Implementation of Daily Physical Education (2012)